At a glance
- Never miss a shot with the world’s quickest autofocus* – just 0.06 seconds – made possible by a 179-point focal plane phase-detection AF sensor
- Get professional quality detail with the Exmor APS-C image sensor with around 24.3 effective megapixels and BIONZ X image processing engine
- DSLR-style operation with extensive customisation options
- Images are more natural looking and easier to view thanks to the high-contrast, high-resolution OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder
- Great connectivity with Wi-Fi and One touch NFC (Near Field Communication)
Quicker autofocus than a DSLR
Capture moving subjects in sharper detail with the world’s quickest autofocus* – just 0.06 seconds. A superior alternative to bulky DSLRs, thanks to a 179-point focal plane phase-detection AF sensor. So, you need never miss a photo opportunity again, even with a fast-moving subject. The a6000 also delivers superb image quality, courtesy of its large Exmor APS-C image sensor with around 24.3 effective megapixels and a powerful BIONZ X image processing engine. Operation is swift and highly intuitive thanks to an OLED Tru-Finder and two operation dials, while a tiltable LCD screen makes shooting over the top of crowds – or getting low-down shots of children or nature – effortless. And when it comes to sharing your pictures on Facebook, Twitter or by email via your mobile devices, it’s simplicity itself with One touch NFC and Wi-Fi.